Landform song found my Omi Ford

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Tool 5

This is one of my favorite activities. I like the variety of products kids can easily produce. Several of the sites are activities our third grade team uses in our learning menus. The kids have made Animoto movies, trading cards, magazine covers, Glogster posters, and Wordle: word clouds. this year my kids are sharing their writing through Google Docs with our fifth grade students. The fifth graders are revising and editing with the third graders. In the past I've had a direction page for each site in their workstation. After the 11 tools project I think I will try having the kids watch the YouTube tutorials. I think watching the videos will be more motivating.
The products can be a great "hook" at the beginning or anytime during a lesson. Sometimes it is difficult to find the right content for topics we teach. Creating a short video, book, or word cloud with the specific information we need can be more efficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment